Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

pml
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Spanish/Catalán translator needed

Post by pml »

Hi all,

a few people have been using the very imperfect Google translation to try to pass messages back and forth with the Spanish user who has been submitting very useful typesets of Beethoven quartets and Mozart symphonies:

http://imslp.org/wiki/User_talk:Jgjgjg

The problem is the parts are – well I won't say they're completely useless – but their use is severely hampered without:
a) bar numbers, especially for providing notification of many typesetting errors;
b) cues, especially for woodwind parts with long multibar rests;
c) usable transpositions for horns/trumpets;
d) practical page turns haven't been considered.

The discussion on the page seems to indicate that Jgjgjg doesn't have much understanding of why these factors present practical performance issues.

As far as I'm concerned as a conductor, life is too short to work with scores without bar numbers, especially if there are errors in the parts, and given the choice of a clean typeset without bar numbers or cues, and a messy old B&H part with pencilled in bar numbers, then I'll be going with the messy B&H every time.

So. Would someone like to run the post there through Google or some other auto-translation and then check it for meaning, so that it doesn't come out as complete gobbledegook? If Jgjgjg isn't going to provide practical parts he might as well not bother uploading them.

This would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Philip
--
PML (talk)