General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

ThaSchwab
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

'Recent additions' problems

Post by ThaSchwab »

Why is it that every day, I see a piece that I like, the page of which has been added by, say, four invisible files?

Ex. Mahler Symphony No. 1 a couple days ago; the last file was added at the beginning of the month, yet the 'recent additions' page says that four files were added that date.

??
pml
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by pml »

Monsieur Schwab,

this anomaly is entirely my fault. I've been looking through the approximately 1,300 files that have been incorrectly uploaded to IMSLP, and have occasionally been coming across some real gems. For example, the complete vocal score of Der Rosenkavalier was uploaded sometime in December, but had not been officially registered.

In the case of the Mahler, if you look at the IMSLP #s you'll see that the four "recent additions" are the instrumental flute parts. In this case I changed the "uploader" and the "date added" to agree with the actual submitter and upload date, which was someone other than me, who put them up last year.

As you know, the special "Upload file" page has a great big warning to say "Don't upload music scores this way! Use the link for Add music to this page." Unfortunately though, lots of people still think this is how to upload their scores...

Regards, Philip
--
PML (talk)