General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

kalliwoda
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Category Walker

Post by kalliwoda »

Boccaccios question about Triosonata titles without instrumentation details in another forum thread just reminded me of something to suggest:

Generally I like the category walker, and with a little practice it is really extremely powerful.
Only gripe I have is that some features of the category walker are very counterintuitive, especially for a firsttime user:
I refer to the sorting according to "popularity" of a certain category. Combine that with the splitting of the results over several pages, and a firsttime user my never dream, that there other worktypes or composers except for those in the short tables on the first page. I just don't know how to phrase an easy explanation for the novice that there are tables for less popular composers on each of the following pages in the category walker.
Easiest fix may be to have a next button after each of the tables rather than only one at the bottom of the page. Better still would be, if one could list the complete worktype or instrumentation table (i.e. without interference by unrelated tables).
vinteuil
Groundskeeper
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Re: Category Walker

Post by vinteuil »

Totally agree with the "next" button idea and the idea of being able to search by one table alone.
Formerly known as "perlnerd666"