Wrong .pdf in Palestrina collection

General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Sergiu-Daniel
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Wrong .pdf in Palestrina collection

Post by Sergiu-Daniel »

On this page http://imslp.org/wiki/Motettorum_%E2%80 ... uigi_da%29 the wrong Palestrina motet .pdf is uploaded. It is an other volume. I don't know where the real one is, but it would be cool if someone could fix it because I need the score for one of the motets in that volume.

Thanks!
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Wrong .pdf in Palestrina collection

Post by pml »

Which motet incidentally?

I see your problem, which is that that particular download is confusing: Books Four and Five of the Haberl edition were printed in the one tome, and therefore our contributor of the set uploaded it as a single file. Thus, the download for both the Motettorum – Liber Quartus and the Liber Quintus is the same file, comprising:

29 five-part motets from the song of songs (Book Four); and
21 five-part motets (Book Five)

This is documented on the page under Misc. Notes.: Volume also contains Liber Quartus

Each page also has a list of the contents of the relevant part of the volume at the bottom of the page.

Also, this page may help:

http://imslp.org/wiki/List_of_compositi ... Palestrina

A good deal of effort was spent trying to make the Haberl set a little better documented than it otherwise would have been, so any suggestions for improvement would be welcome.

Regards, PML
--
PML (talk)
Sergiu-Daniel

Post by Sergiu-Daniel »

pml wrote:Which motet incidentally?

I see your problem, which is that that particular download is confusing: Books Four and Five of the Haberl edition were printed in the one tome, and therefore our contributor of the set uploaded it as a single file. Thus, the download for both the Motettorum – Liber Quartus and the Liber Quintus is the same file, comprising:

29 five-part motets from the song of songs (Book Four); and
21 five-part motets (Book Five)

This is documented on the page under Misc. Notes.: Volume also contains Liber Quartus

Each page also has a list of the contents of the relevant part of the volume at the bottom of the page.

Also, this page may help:

http://imslp.org/wiki/List_of_compositi ... Palestrina

A good deal of effort was spent trying to make the Haberl set a little better documented than it otherwise would have been, so any suggestions for improvement would be welcome.

Regards, PML
Oh. I didn't know they were the same file. Well, it's extremely simple. The pdf file could be split in two and uploaded separately!
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Post by pml »

True, but once one gets into the attitude that publications can be arbitrarily divided, likewise all 36 volumes of the set could be broken up into the individual 284+ motets, 45 hymns, 68 offertories, 94 masses, 4 sets of lamentations, 35 magnificats, and 134 madrigals, all with separate pages and documentation...

(I suppose you can imagine why that hasn’t been implemented — YET!)

I’ll probably edit the pages in question to make it more obvious where in the volume the various motets feature.

Cheers, Philip
--
PML (talk)
Sergiu-Daniel

Post by Sergiu-Daniel »

pml wrote:True, but once one gets into the attitude that publications can be arbitrarily divided, likewise all 36 volumes of the set could be broken up into the individual 284+ motets, 45 hymns, 68 offertories, 94 masses, 4 sets of lamentations, 35 magnificats, and 134 madrigals, all with separate pages and documentation...

(I suppose you can imagine why that hasn’t been implemented — YET!)

I’ll probably edit the pages in question to make it more obvious where in the volume the various motets feature.

Cheers, Philip
Yeah, but at least by toms it would be nice...