How to undo a faulty redirection?

General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

towi7236
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

How to undo a faulty redirection?

Post by towi7236 »

I uploaded a piece on IMSLP. Soon thereafter, somebody redirected the original name of the piece to a new one. The name of the page in the category of the composer is now changed, so the piece are not at all listed under its only and correct name. The new name of the page is not at all commonly used and does, in fact, make confusion about the nature of the piece, how many instruments that are involved and the composer´s thought. I´ve tried for hours and have been searching for manuals, but can not manage to undo this direction. Can somebody help me with the instruction how to get this right?

Cheers
NLewis
active poster

Re: How to undo a faulty redirection?

Post by NLewis »

Hi there. The ability to change the name of a piece comes with time (once the captcha is gone). Once the captcha is gone, there will be a tab on the top that says "move". This is the proper way to change the title of a piece. The confusion of your case came because of the composer's notation within the score, which made the piece look as though it was scored for three separate violins, as oppose to just one solo violin. The piece is now in it's original title.

Surprising this isn't in any manuals. It should probably be mentioned somewhere. Cheers,

NLewis
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

What was the piece?
bsteltz
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Post by pml »

Judging by Nick’s contributions I’d say it was Heinrich Wilhelm Ernst’s Trio pour un violon which I’d guess was mistranslated as a trio of violins, instead of a trio for a violin… though I’d have to express my skepticism that such an albumleaf could be easily played on one instrument (with simultaneous pizz. and arco indications).

Cheers PML
--
PML (talk)
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

[tangent] It looks possible to me at least, just extremely difficult. The melodic line is simple enough that it doesn't require too many fingers at once, leaving space for the middle line's accompaniment (two fingers required). The bass note could then be played by left-hand pizzicato. The three lines are always reachable through the same position, so it's not too much of a stretch (there would be a couple extensions required, nothing worse). Might be fun to try, actually, although it would require an enormous amount of hand strength, agility, and control to pull off cleanly. It was probably written for the sole purpose of showing off :wink:
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Post by pml »

[tangent]
KGill wrote:It was probably written for the sole purpose of showing off :wink:
Yep… try this on for size!
--
PML (talk)
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

I started to tag that one, then couldn't work out what it was, so I left it . . . . :?
bsteltz