JOSQUIN DESPREZ

General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

streek23

JOSQUIN DESPREZ

Post by streek23 »

Where are Josquin Desprez's masses and motets and chansons? This would be a great addition to the "Renaissance" section of this site. After all, his music is highly revered as some of the best work of the period.

If anyone has the notes for Desprez's works, we would all greatly appreciate your addition of his pieces.

Thanks!
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Yagan Kiely »

CPDL has a few scores of his. From experience IMSLP doesn't often upload chorale scores (as much as other scores) because of CPDL.

But of course I am looking and if you find any certainly upload them (if they are not at CPDL already)
Peter
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Peter »

Maybe you can take a look at our link list. I remember there are some websites devoted to scores of old music.
adenteuling
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

josquin des prez

Post by adenteuling »

You may find some chansons by Josquin and many others, with keyboard arrangements on my site Ottaviano Petrucci, http://home.planet.nl/~teuli049
I am since March 2005 owner of a website named Ottaviano Petrucci, mostly containing renaissance music with transcriptions for keyboard instruments and Gregorian chant. The site is both in English and in Dutch.