Would like to upload computer synthesized audio

General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Generoso
active poster

Re: Would like to upload computer synthesized audio

Post by Generoso »

BTW there is a web site (although not free) that does offer accompaniments for many pieces without the main instrument. These are great for practicing and learning a new piece (harmony, rhythm, memorization, intonation etc).
The site is called http://www.piano-accompaniments.com/. It does have the Eccles Sonata although it is a different version (J. Salmon) instead of Klengel. These are played by a real pianist on a real piano.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Actually, I think I figured out a way to address concerns on both sides. There will be an IMSLP redesign during the summer, and one planned project should quite easily also separate MIDI from acoustic recordings. In that case, MIDI recordings would be allowed (though put in a different category).

Until then, it is probably still a good idea to hold off on MIDI recordings. More info on the redesign will be forthcoming soon.
Peterdyson49
forum adept
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Peterdyson49 »

Further to my previous post.... I am most happy to agree that this source as the treasure chest of scores and parts and keep the computer generated audio files away.... and my justfication for keeping the new unrecorded cg compositions in... would be...... you did not have to suffer some of my premieres.... which I have on disc but do not want to share.... the only one really professional quality recording I would want to share ... I cannot. So thanks for making us an exception..... and for sticking to the primary purpose. The music minus one rehearsal website should be elsewhere.
Love this site... and the forum.
Cheers
Peter Dyson
gardano
forum adept

Post by gardano »

imslp wrote:There will be an IMSLP redesign during the summer
Will this be a UI redesign, or will it be deeper-level? My interest is obvious, I think ;¬)
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

The nice thing about FTE templates is that you never have to change any of the actual wikitext :P Unless you are relying on parsed HTML pages, there will be no difference. (This is also why I did not alert you.)
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

In the few months since this policy was hashed out, a major change has been made to the workpage interface: the tabbing system, which improves efficiency by putting the contents under each level 3 header into its own tab. Now, we have seen the effectiveness of this new feature mainly in the traditional full scores vs. parts vs. vocal scores vs. arrangements structure of a work page, but what if we also harnessed it to distinguish between human-generated and computer-generated audio files? By keeping each type under its own level 3 header, they would be clearly marked off from each other, and it could even be taken further by having a new field added to the FTE template for audio files (|Type=Human/Synthesized or something) so that they could be put into different categories.
Thoughts?
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

I've answered in the other thread.
Wlodzimierz

Post by Wlodzimierz »

The website: https://e-classica.net offers accompaniments for violin pieces. Music notation follows the accompaniment , you can slow down or speed up the tempo, begin playback from any bar you want (you just need to click on the desired bar), you can mark the fragment you want to focus on and play it in the loop mode. The recordings are not MIDI.