Telemann Tafelmusik

General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Notenschreiber
active poster

Telemann Tafelmusik

Post by Notenschreiber »

In the category "For oboe, strings, continuo" appears Telemann´s Tafelmusik. But this collection doesn`t contain any concerto of this type.
Somebody should fix this please.
pml
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Telemann Tafelmusik

Post by pml »

Ouch. That’s going to be tricky to debug, given how many separate tags that page has!

Thanks Notenschreiber.
--
PML (talk)
steltz
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Telemann Tafelmusik

Post by steltz »

It might not be that tricky to de-bug, though there might also be an argument for splitting this into 3 pages. Firstly, the three parts of the Tafelmusik were never intended to be performed together, so there is an argument for having a different page for Tafelmusik I, Tafelmusik II, Tafelmusik III. That would already cut down on the number of tags per page.

Secondly, the oboe concerto tag seems to have come from a mistake with the pieces that have strings with one or two winds; these sometimes get tagged as those specific instruments + strings, which makes them come up as a concerto.

I would imagine the the Conclusion to Part III is the problem here, and I will listen to the Tafelmusik III today to confirm what I think, which is that this should be tagged "orch".

Since I think we have a lot more of this mistake that we don't know about, please let us know if you find more.

I will sort out the concerto tag today, but would appreciate opinions on whether I should split this page into 3 pages.
bsteltz