icactus
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

files for deletion

Post by icactus »

Is there a process for flagging pdf files that should be deleted. For example:

http://imslp.org/wiki/O_Praise_the_Lord ... rideric%29

Those are the same original file, but one is 44Mb probably because it was handled wrong before uploading. Obviously that one doesn't need to be taking up server space...

Any such process?
Carolus
Site Admin

Re: files for deletion

Post by Carolus »

I had no idea they were the same file. Since the one was so much larger I thought TJ Busse had actually scanned it himself. We can delete it with no problem. I think there might be a template already made for marking files to be deleted. If there isn't I'll make one and in either case paste the info on your user page.
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Post by pml »

{{delete|please get rid of IMSLP# ... only}} could be appropriate if used very carefully — the reason is it normally applies to the deletion of entire pages (and pages tagged with it are categorised as pages to be deleted). We should slightly re-tool it to allow for deletion of files — a few obvious hacks present themselves.

Cheers, PML
--
PML (talk)
NLewis
active poster

Post by NLewis »

Well, one can just put the deletion template on the file page itself by simply clicking the file number. That would probably be easiest.
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

I created a template just for files: {{DelFile|<file number>|<reason>}} to avoid confusion with the pages in need of deletion.
Notenschreiber
active poster

Post by Notenschreiber »

How can this be used?
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

Easy. Simply place the template in the "Misc. Comments" field, fill in the file number and reason for deletion, and the page will be listed in this category. Once that category is reasonably populated, someone can go through and delete all the offending files once typesetters have been informed (if necessary), etc.