General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

kalliwoda
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Marcello Oboe Concerto

Post by kalliwoda »

Finally, the source for the oboe concerto (published as No. 2 by A. Marcello in 12 concerti a cinque by various authors) has been upladed in a wonderfully cleaned up scan of the original 1716 Rogers print.

Now this should be linked under the oboe concerto entry, not as a separate entry "12 concerti a cinque". I tried to copy the entire parts into the oboe concerto page, but that screwed up the page, so I quickly reverted it. Could one of the administrators please take care of it - thank you.
KGill
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Marcello Oboe Concerto

Post by KGill »

The entire PDF is now linked to on the page for the Marcello concerto. It would be rather impractical to split the file, unfortunately, since the parts to different concertos frequently overlap on the same pages. Anyone is free to split it if they have the time and patience, of course :)
kalliwoda
active poster

Post by kalliwoda »

Thank you - this is perfect.

Now there is also the Sammartini Oboe concerto to correct: It should be Giuseppe Sammartini, not Giovanni Battista.
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

Also fixed :)
kalliwoda
active poster

Post by kalliwoda »

Thank you -

but not fixed yet: Its a red link!
Giuseppe Sammartini would be fine, but here on imslp his composer page is still the older format with all given names "Giuseppe Baldassare Sammartini". So the best solution would be to move the composer page to Giuseppe Sammartini. I don't know how to do that, and all links to that page would have to be fixed as well...
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

Sorry about that; it's obvious I didn't even look for his category :oops: The correct form of his name is now in use, and all of his work pages have been moved.