General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

steltz
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Fuchs-Schonbach, Zur Trauung op.66 and 68

Post by steltz »

Grove Music doesn't have a page on Fuchs-Schonbach, so I can't check this with a reliable works list.

I tried tagging the op.66 and downloaded it to double check something. What found seemed very jumbled. At the bottom of the work page for op.66 I find these listed:

Trauungslied [G-Dur] (M. B. Jobst)
Gott ist die Liebe [F-Dur]
Die rechte Ehe [C-Dur] (Emanuel Geibel)

The Trauungslied is there, but has the opus number 68 attached to it. We do have a work page for op.68, but the work title there is the same as op.66, i.e. Zur Traaung.

Both the work page for op.66 and 68 go to the same file, and in order, here's what is in the file:
# p.1-2, Zur Trauung, op.68 (handwriting looks like zweistimme + orgel)
# p.3, Der Blütenzweig (handwriting very sloppy, not sure I'm reading this right)
# p.4, Ave Maria, op.67
# p.5-6, Trauungslied, op.68 (another op.68!, and also in F Major, not G as listed at the bottom of the work page)
# p.7, Lobt Gott mit Schall (says H. Schütz where the composer would be, so possibly not by Fuchs-Schonbach)
# p.8, Ave Maria zart

Nothing by the name Gott ist die Liebe, or Die rechte Ehe.

Does anyone know this man's work well enough to know what should happen to this? The PDF file could be split, since everything is on separate pages, but I would like first to know whether the op.68 page should have a title change to Trauungslied, and why there is no op.66 Zur Traaung.
bsteltz
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Fuchs-Schonbach, Zur Trauung op.66 and 68

Post by pml »

I think I wrote to the submitter at one point asking for clarification on parts of the œuvre (the downloads are large and the handwriting unclear). I don’t think I got a response. I think you should make a note on the relevant page that there is some confusion as to what is in the score, and include a link to the work’s talk page, where you can do a “Schissel” and describe what you perceive as the problem at length. There might be an argument for preserving several compositions in the one file if they are an obvious continuation of a composer’s autograph that were bound together. The same file can be referenced from different pages.

Is the music on pages 1 & 2 clearly different to those on 5 & 6? Also worth bearing in mind, poems often have a different title to the lyric incipit.

Cheers, Philip
--
PML (talk)
Notenschreiber
active poster

Post by Notenschreiber »

Clicking on the german wikipedia link on the composer page, you find all information, which is needed, I think. One has uploaded
accidently twice the op.68, on the page with op.66 (wrong) and on the page with op.68 (right).The sample file is right in both cases.
I didn´t check the details.
Notenschreiber
active poster

Post by Notenschreiber »

To be more precise:

op.66 The corresponding file can be downloaded from german wikipedia page.

op.67 o.K.

op.68 contains: Oh kröne du allmächtiger Gott [F-Dur] (page 5/6)
Zur Trauung - Herr schenk uns deine Gnade [F-Dur] (Hedw. Hettenbach (page 1/2)
Der Blütenzweig (Hermann Hesse) page 3

The other pages doesn´t belong to op.68. Page 4 is from op.67, page 7 from Schütz (SWV 215)
page 8 is a choral Harmonisation of a choral from J.G. Braun (1675).
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

Thanks - I will split the score and move the pieces around accordingly next week when I'm at work again (don't have the facility to do this at home, unfortunately).
bsteltz