General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

DF55
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

A plea for Richter's edition of 389 Bach chorale settings

Post by DF55 »

Regarding http://petruccilibrary.org/wiki/User_ta ... bastian.29

I'd be grateful if you would reconsider this deletion. Berhard F. Richter's volume (Breitkopf & Härtel 1898) is well known. It stands as a resource separate from and in addition to the individual cantatas from which the chorales are taken. It is of course very useful to have all of these settings in one volume and very burdensome to look in hundreds of different places rather than one. I would like to have access to this book, and I believe that others would find it useful as well. Thank you. DF.
KGill
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: A plea for Richter's edition of 389 Bach chorale setting

Post by KGill »

The Richter edition has never been uploaded...there were 3 files (still extant), each of an individual chorale, created by living editor Jürgen Knuth. They were relocated to here, here, and here as while it might be useful to have the entire Richter edition in one file, it is completely useless to have a whole separate page that just still has files for individual cantatas on it. From years of arguing about it, it has been definitively concluded that it is better to have one page for one work wherever practical. :)