Problem with download button

General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

snowkilts
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Problem with download button

Post by snowkilts »

Hi, I'm a relative n00b, but I'm having a problem updating a score.

The work in question is here: http://imslp.org/wiki/The_Cave_of_Gold_ ... cottish%29

I typeset the score and uploaded it. I then found some issues which I corrected and tried to upload a new version. No matter what I do, the download button on the work page always pulls up the old version. The new version shows up in the file history here: http://imslp.org/wiki/File:PMLP316330-cave_of_gold.pdf

However, the "current version" in the file history is always the old one, no matter what I do. What am I doing wrong?

The "old version" can be identified by the revision date on the bottom of the first page of the score of 2/22/12. The "new" (correct) version has a revision date of 2/26/12.

Thanks!

-- Jon in Detroit, Michigan USA
Carolus
Site Admin

Re: Problem with download button

Post by Carolus »

That's because the page cache will not update for a couple of days. When you replace a file and notice the copyright tags change from the green N!/N!/N! to the black U/U/U it means the file has been successfully replaced. It might not actually appear in your browser window for a couple of days, but the file you download will be the latest version (once the item has been tagged for approval again).
snowkilts

Re: Problem with download button

Post by snowkilts »

Carolus wrote:That's because the page cache will not update for a couple of days. When you replace a file and notice the copyright tags change from the green N!/N!/N! to the black U/U/U it means the file has been successfully replaced. It might not actually appear in your browser window for a couple of days, but the file you download will be the latest version (once the item has been tagged for approval again).
Thanks for the help. It appears my issue was a local caching problem on my computer. That, and my lack of understanding of how the site works. All fixed now.

Cheers,

Jon