I need a moderator to delete a page

General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Joel
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

I need a moderator to delete a page

Postby Joel » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:14 am

I uploaded a piece of mine, but now I want it to be removed. I deleted all of the text but discovered that only leaves a blank page. I'd appreciate it if one of you moderators deletes the page. It's my Prelude in G major, found here: http://imslp.org/wiki/Prelude_in_G_majo ... r,_Joel%29

-Thanks

Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: I need a moderator to delete a page

Postby Carolus » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:01 pm

Only admins can delete files. All you did by blanking the page was remove links to it. You uploaded the piece under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license, which is irrevocable. You can replace the file with an updated version but the only way this would actually be deleted would be if it were found to be in violation of someone else's copyright. The cc-by 3.0 (now 4.0) license is functionally the equivalent of public domain, by the way, so anyone is legally free to copy, distribute and even sell this file for free as long as you are credited as its author. We used to be more lenient about removing works when composers requested it, but there have been too many cases of composers uploading scores of works here which were all carefully tagged, categorized, etc. by the various volunteers only to demand their abrupt removal when a publisher winked at them.

Return to “Moderator Requests - Help - FAQ”