General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

aldona
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Duplicate composer category?

Post by aldona »

Not sure where to put this, so I've made a new thread.

I have just noticed that there are 2 separate composer categories/ pages: Frederic Weatherly and Frederic Edward Weatherly. These appear to have the same birth and death dates and thus I assume they are the same composer. Would it be possible to merge them?

If anyone sees any more duplicate composers/ people, add them to this thread. I will do so as well if I spot any.

AJ
“all great composers wrote music that could be described as ‘heavenly’; but others have to take you there. In Schubert’s music you hear the very first notes, and you know that you’re there already.” - Steven Isserlis
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Duplicate composer category?

Post by Davydov »

No problem, now all moved to Frederic Edward Weatherly.
aldona
active poster

Post by aldona »

I just noticed another possible duplicate composer category - there are separate categories for Zachris Topelius and Zacharias Topelius. It seems to me that they are the same person. Could mods please merge?

AJ
“all great composers wrote music that could be described as ‘heavenly’; but others have to take you there. In Schubert’s music you hear the very first notes, and you know that you’re there already.” - Steven Isserlis
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

Thanks for catching that. They have now been merged into Zacharias Topelius.
aldona
active poster

Post by aldona »

Thank you!

I think I have just spotted another one - there are separate categories for "Helene Nyblom" and "Helena Nyblom".

AJ
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

All the pages have now been linked to the Helena Nyblom category page as that appears to be the generally accepted version of her name according to Viaf.
aldona
active poster

Post by aldona »

I have just created a category for "Leon Chojecki 1858-1931" and I see that there is already a category for "Lech Chojecki 1858-1931". Which is the correct one? OCLC/WorldCat Identities has him listed as Leon but there is very little information about either version.

AJ
Notenschreiber
active poster

Post by Notenschreiber »

I think, Leon is the right version, see http://www.bibliotekapiosenki.pl/Chojecki_Leon .