General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Lyle Neff
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Adding separately published libretto to an existing work-page

Post by Lyle Neff »

I have scanned the contents of the separately published libretto (published by Jurgenson in 1899) for Cesar Cui's opera "The Saracen" into a PDF. Here is the link for the work-page: http://imslp.org/wiki/The_Saracen_(Cui,_C%C3%A9sar)

After I have edited this PDF to trim the edges and eliminate redundantly scanned pages, how do I add this libretto to the work-page for "The Saracen" so that it gets included under a separate tab as "libretto"?

If it would be easier to have one of the moderators upload the trimmed PDF instead, please advise.

(I can't edit IMSLP pages for my own compositions that I have uploaded, let alone pages for other works that I have uploaded to IMSLP -- so, I'm helpless as regards how to make sure that this libretto would end up in the right spot.)

Thanks in advance for any help.
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)
Lyle Neff
active poster

Re: Adding separately published libretto to an existing work-page

Post by Lyle Neff »

Would one of the moderators of this forum please indicate that the file that I am offering is not needed?
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

When you add the file to the page you can select the "Other" tab to place it under. Once that is done one of the admins can edit the page and change the tab title to Librettos. By the way it does not appear that you ever responded to either of the two threads (one in announcements and the other in work page issues) addressing the issue you are having editing pages.
Lyle Neff
active poster

Post by Lyle Neff »

Responding to other threads? You've got to be kidding.

I STILL cannot edit ANY workpages on IMSLP that I have created, including those for my own compositions. Is that enough of a response?

This is a problem that ISMLP-gurus have yet to solve. I can't do anything about it, and I'm tired of waiting.

If I am not allowed to edit my own workpages, then there is no reason for me to contribute to IMSLP in the future.
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

Simply stating that you cannot edit work pages that you have created on the wiki is not enough of a response to enable either the site owner (imslp in this thread) or myself (in this thread) to troubleshoot the problem. In both cases each of us asked you to respond to a couple of questions (send a screenshot, follow an edit page link, what options you see on a category page, and if you were running a script blocker). These were posted back on July 16th and August 8th. Since there has been no response from you since that time it shouldn't come as a surprise to you that you still cannot edit work pages. The information that I can see about your account suggests that the problem does not reside on IMSLP's side. The site owner seems to think it might be a browser issue on your end. Without a response from you to our questions it is impossible for either of us to troubleshoot the problem further since the problem appears to reside on your end.
Lyle Neff
active poster

Post by Lyle Neff »

I just now replied with a screen shot on one of threads you cited above.

This forum-format is too clunky for me. I can deal with this stuff much more easily through e-mail. There is an e-mail address on my profile. I would appreciate communication by that means instead.
Lyle Neff
active poster

Post by Lyle Neff »

Following a suggestion from another thread, I changed the "skin" to vector, and can now see an edit link. I have to wonder, though, why unsupported links are allowed at IMSLP, if they are going to cause problems such as this one.