Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Lyle Neff
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Creating a template listing Rimsky-Korsakov's operas

Post by Lyle Neff »

Hello,

I noticed that the opera work-pages for Rimsky-Korsakov at IMSLP do not include a list at the bottom to guide the reader amongst the various operas (unlike, say, Cesar Cui at http://imslp.org/wiki/Template:Cui_Operas).

How do I create a template for Rimsky-Korsakov's operas so that the link-code for it can be added to the end of the opera work-pages? I assume it would be called "Template:Operas (Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolay)." I could simply edit the code by starting from the code of the Cui template.

Thanks in advance for any help.
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)
cypressdome
active poster

Re: Creating a template listing Rimsky-Korsakov's operas

Post by cypressdome »

Using the Cui template is probably the best way to do it. If you want to change the background color to something different you can find a list of web safe colors with their decimal equivalents here: web colors.
Lyle Neff
active poster

Post by Lyle Neff »

Thanks for the information. I still don't understand how to create a template.
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

Click this link: http://imslp.org/wiki/Template:Operas (Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolay). Then click the link for "edit this page." Now you can copy the code from the Cui template page to here and modify it to link Rimsky-Korsakov's operas. To create any new page on the wiki all you really need to do is add some text after http://imslp.org/wiki/ and when you hit the enter key you'll get the message that the page doesn't exist together with a link to edit the page (which then creates it).
Lyle Neff
active poster

Post by Lyle Neff »

Thanks! I just now finished inputting the data for the template. http://imslp.org/wiki/Template:Operas_( ... ,_Nikolay)

Next step is to edit all of the work-pages for Rimsky-Korsakov's operas to this to the end, before "| *****END OF TEMPLATE***** }}", right?:
----
{{Operas (Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolay)}}
Lyle Neff
active poster

Post by Lyle Neff »

I just now finished editing all of the opera work-pages for Rimsky-Korsakov to add the template. Thanks again to all of you for your help!
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

Why do we need to mention details like the dates of various versions of these on a navigation box? The versions of any given opera are all going to be on the same page, after all. Other than this minor detail, looks perfect - and a very helpful addition.