website ottaviano petrucci

General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

adenteuling
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

website ottaviano petrucci

Post by adenteuling »

I am very glad that the imsl (with a new p added) is back on the internet. However, there has existed already a renaissance sheet music site with the name of Otaviano Petrucci since March 2005, though I did not register the name as a domain name. Of course Petrucci´s name should stay in the public domain. I will add my site as a link!
I am since March 2005 owner of a website named Ottaviano Petrucci, mostly containing renaissance music with transcriptions for keyboard instruments and Gregorian chant. The site is both in English and in Dutch.
aldona
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by aldona »

There is also a website called the Petrucci Project, whose aim is to digitize (and make available) sheet music in the public domain.

http://www.soundpost.org/petrucci.html

When I first heard that IMSLP was being named the Petrucci Music Library, I thought that the people behind this website had become involved in some way. I remember finding this site quite a while ago.

Aldona
“all great composers wrote music that could be described as ‘heavenly’; but others have to take you there. In Schubert’s music you hear the very first notes, and you know that you’re there already.” - Steven Isserlis