To Delete a File...

General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

carmar1791
active poster

To Delete a File...

Post by carmar1791 »

Please I need someone that explain me how to delete a file I have already uploaded (It's defective) and replace it with my new good one.
Thank you
Ciao
Carmar
Lyle Neff
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Lyle Neff »

From what I understand and have experienced, you simply need to upload a file with exactly the same name. The system will prompt you to make sure that you want to do that, and then the old file will be replaced.

I did that just last night, in fact, with the first two files for Cui's Angelo that I re-scanned.
carmar1791
active poster

Post by carmar1791 »

Great! Thank you
Ciao
Carmar
carmar1791
active poster

Post by carmar1791 »

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

That sistem works for new entries only.(Files just uploaded)
For files reviewed and approved It does not work.
I'm waiting for imslp admins instruction to replace files and fix bugs......
Thank you

Carmar
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Yagan Kiely »

To imslp admins

Sorry....
I send files with big bugs.
Paganini :Concertos No.1 , No4, No5 and No6
Beriot de:concertos No.7 and No.9
The bug is this: On Acrobat Reader If you clic drag on the right vertical bar to slide pages (the slide must be quite fast) forward and backward, all marks "every note" and " CDSM" appear when pages are moveing.When the page is stopped they disappear.(All marks generally are on the bottom or on the top of pages)
I fix the bug just now but I cant replace files on imslp.I don't know how to do.....the sistem does not accept new files...
The last files I sent by mail to imslp were corrupted too.
Please block the downloads of these file untill this problem will be solved.

Sorry
Carmar
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

carmar1791 wrote: For files reviewed and approved It does not work.

Carmar
what is the error message you get?
carmar1791
active poster

Post by carmar1791 »

I do this:
I clic on "Add a file to this page" afer I fill again page with piece information and then i clic to upload. After this I get thi message :

Warning

IMSLP

1 files you are trying to submit has already been submitted before, and the old IMSLP catalogue number for the file is used. If this is not intentional, please go to corresponding image pages to find out which pages already link to the file. If there aren't any, please contact an admin here. The other 0 files have been submitted successfully.

Back to Violin Concerto No.7 Op.76 (Beriot, Charles de).

When I go to check ,I find always the old bug file both in the new and in the old submission.

Today I could change succesfully Paganini page.
But when I tried with de Beriot nothing worked.

I have found other bug files in my submission for example Sphor Concertos...

The next days I will try again.
Tell me please if my way to replace file is wrong or if there is an other easier way

Thank'you for your help

Carmar
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Ahh... Actually you are adding the same file again without uploading your new file.

To replace a file, follow this guide: http://imslp.org/wiki/Help:Contents#Upl ... sting_file
carmar1791
active poster

Post by carmar1791 »

Thak'you very much.
There is an other thing that is not clear to me

Delete a page, category, or file

Simply add {{Delete|Reason}} on top of the page, and specify a reason after "|". The reason can be omitted, but will ease the process of deletion. The page will automatically be included in the deletion list, and, after consideration by the administrators, will be deleted soon.

I put {{Delete|Reason}} at the top of a page to delete a page ,but when a page has a many files and I need to delete only a file where have to put {{Delete|Reason}} ?

Before reading the above link posted by Peter, I could delete Paganini and de Beriot Concertos using "my way".Now these pages look like I want with new files , but I think some admins has to check if I have done disasters.
(All my new good files ,with the exception of Pagani concerto No.4 ,have an X at the top of the first page)

Thank'you for all

Carmar
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

carmar1791 wrote:Thak'you very much.

I put {{Delete|Reason}} at the top of a page to delete a page ,but when a page has a many files and I need to delete only a file where have to put {{Delete|Reason}} ?

You can put it in Misc. Comments field.
carmar1791 wrote: Before reading the above link posted by Peter, I could delete Paganini and de Beriot Concertos using "my way".Now these pages look like I want with new files , but I think some admins has to check if I have done disasters.
(All my new good files ,with the exception of Pagani concerto No.4 ,have an X at the top of the first page)
They're ok. The Spohr upload was successful too!
There is indeed a little loss of quality. If the resolution is unchanged and the compression is CCITT there should be no quality loss. Never save images you edit as jpg, only tif / png.