How to upload an arrangement score with parts

General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

AlexKindel
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

How to upload an arrangement score with parts

Post by AlexKindel »

I recently made my first score submission, which I had intended to consist of a score of a transcription and its corresponding set of six parts, in the form of seven files. I did this through Add File -> New Arrangement -> Arrangements and Transcriptions on the appropriate work page. A form with a "Drop or click to upload as separate files" box appeared, which I clicked and selected the score file through. A "description of file" field appeared, with metadata about the file I had selected beneath it, and the "Drop or click to upload as separate files" box moved down a row. I repeated the process until all seven files appeared on the form, filled out the relevant informational fields, and clicked submit.

Now that the submission has been cleared of its blocked status, I see that only the score is present - no parts. Is it possible to add the parts to this existing submission, or is it necessary to delete the submission and start over? In either case, how do I get the parts to stick?
coulonnus
active poster

Re: How to upload an arrangement score with parts

Post by coulonnus »

Is is an arrangement you have composed and typeset or are the score and the six parts scans of PD editions?

On which URL can I find this score?
AlexKindel

Post by AlexKindel »

It's an arrangement I made and typeset. Here is the URL: https://imslp.org/wiki/Divertimento_in_ ... g_Amadeus) The arrangement is currently the uppermost entry under the Arrangements and Transcriptions tab.
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

I found the score but I don't see the parts. Try Add File, Add Scan, Scores and I'll edit the page so they show up just under your score.
AlexKindel

Post by AlexKindel »

Done. And this time, the number of files I see listed is correct, which is promising.
AlexKindel

Post by AlexKindel »

An administrator deleted the submission for being improper for the reasons of 'uploading a new arrangement or a new edition as a "Manuscript Scan" or "Normal Scan" and as public domain' and 'no Category/Composer page was ever created and associated too before uploading typesets under your account.' The first one I assume stems from the fact that Add Scans -> Scores is the wrong category for a set of parts for one's own arrangement - in any case, public domain was the only option provided on the dropdown list to specify the copyright status when I made the submission. I'm not sure why I got flagged for the second thing. I did create and associate a category page for myself, which seems to have worked properly since my original submission of the score was accepted.
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

AlexKindel wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:21 pm The first one I assume stems from the fact that Add Scans -> Scores is the wrong category for a set of parts for one's own arrangement
Sure it is wrong. We need to do the edit immediately after you have done this.
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

If we can't interact rapidly read this history page https://imslp.org/index.php?title=12_Fu ... id=2873496 where I added 2 alternate parts to an already present set of score and parts.