General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Lyle Neff
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Oops -- mislabeled files for Cui's Angelo, Act 3

Post by Lyle Neff »

I just uploaded Act 3 of Cui's "Angelo" (thanks for approving it), and then realized that I had put "Act4" in the file names.

I know that wouldn't make a difference among the other files for that opera, because I included the page-ranges in the file-names.

Can y'all change those filenames from Act4 to Act3, or does it matter? :D
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Congrads for composing a new Act for Angelo! ;) I'm sure Cui appreciates additions to his compositions.

Jokes aside, since the files are correctly labeled on the page, the renaming of files would in my opinion be a low priority issue at the moment. But I'll leave that to the other admins to decide for sure on (currently working on other stuff).
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

I don't think renaming files is possible?
Lyle Neff
active poster

Post by Lyle Neff »

Peter wrote:I don't think renaming files is possible?
I guess it doesn't matter; it's just that I try to fit as much useful information into the filename as possible, but when one of the major elements is incorrect (the Act number), I get all geeky about it.

One could upload the files again under a more correct designations, I suppose, then re-edit the links, but then the old files would be taking up storage space. :wink:
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Indeed, the only way right now to rename a file is to reupload with the new names and delete the old ones. That is why I said it is not high priority :)
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Lyle Neff wrote:.... but then the old files would be taking up storage space. :wink:
no problem, tag them with {{Delete}} and they come in a category that every now and then draws attention by an admin after which they'll be deleted.