General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

mlillhan
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Pallavicino and Del Mel help request

Post by mlillhan »

Hi,

I'm busy topping up the editions of Benedetto Pallavicino's and Rinaldo Del Mel's madrigals, and would appreciate assistance in a couple of matters:

1. By mistake created a Pallavicino work called Ohimè! Se tantoamate (#626349). Made a correct work page with the proper space between the final words, so this file can be removed.
2. Pallavicino's Sol mirando vorrei (#623948) could reasonably be moved from "Collections/Madrigali a 5 voci libro 6" to "Works". This placement was made in error by myself.
3. Pallavicino's Madrigali a cinque voci (#521974-521978) - not my upload - could on the other hand be moved from "Works" to "Collections".
4. In Del Mel's "Collections" (that is, Mel, Rinaldo Del), the 1588 book of madrigals for 6 voices is not his "book 2", but an independent publication from flemish publisher Phalèse, containing works from Del Mel's books 2 and 3. These were published by Gardano in 1593 and 1595 respectively. As these hopefully will be uploaded at some point, this error should probably be corrected.

Generally speaking, am I correct or wrong in my assumption that these kinds of modifications can't be made by humble contributors like myself?

With apologies for my own mistakes,
Mats
goldberg988
forum adept
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Re: Pallavicino and Del Mel help request

Post by goldberg988 »

Hi there, I am returning to uploading scores after a long hiatus and am discovering some of these things myself, so I will help:

If you accidentally create the title of the work page incorrectly, what you need to is "Move" it to a correctly spelled [new] page. So if you go to https://imslp.org/wiki/Special:MovePage ... Benedetto) and select at the top "Page" -> "Move", you can create a page with the correct title. (Note that it says "the page will not be moved if there is already a page at the new title, unless it is empty or a redirect and has no past edit history. This means that you can rename a page back to where it was renamed from if you make a mistake, and you cannot overwrite an existing page." Since it looks like someone [you?] already created a work page with the correct title, this may need to be handled by an administrator).

Collection / Work: If you go to https://imslp.org/wiki/Madrigali_a_5_vo ... Benedetto), and select "Page" -> "Edit", and scroll to the very bottom of the Edit window, you will see buried there "|Page Type=Collection". Adding or removing this line will move it to Collections or Works, respectively.

I am a little confused about no. 4 so I won't try to fix that.

Hope this helps!
mlillhan
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Pallavicino and Del Mel help request

Post by mlillhan »

Hi goldberg988,

And many thanks for your advice! I was able to resolve all issues, except the incorrectly spelled work page. I now removed the edition from there, and hope that an admin will step in and delete the empty page.
I too am returning to contributing after several years of silence, and feeling a bit rusty. :)

Thanks again!

M