General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

rinaldomerlo
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

IMSLP #685277 uploaded to wrong place

Post by rinaldomerlo »

Hi,

I recently uploaded a complete collection of Beethoven's Piano Sonatas - IMSLP #685277

However I don't think I uploaded it to the right place. It was kind of hard to figure out where to upload (this is my first time contributing to IMSLP) as there are individual works pages for the individual sonatas but not much for collections. So I uploaded to 'Sonatas per pianoforte' but realised afterwards this was specifically created for the Alfredo Casella edition. In hindsight I think I should have created a new Collection page for mine.

As you can imagine I spent quite a lot of time preparing this complete scanned edition, and in the end I am very pleased with the result. I think it could be a valuable addition to IMSLP. It is a great edition by a very well known pianist of his day, went through 13 reprints and editions so must have been popular. I also managed to finid a copy in great condition for the scanning with hardly any user annotations. I managed to do a proper pdf index for it as well.

So I'd like to get the upload right. If you like you can completely delete it so I can start afresh, or just tell me how to remove it from one section and add to another. I also got the publication date wrong, it should be 1865 not 1856.
rinaldomerlo

Re: IMSLP #685277 uploaded to wrong place

Post by rinaldomerlo »

Ok, I've realised it's just a wiki, so have managed to delete it from the original page. Still not sure yet how to upload it. Doesn't seem right to create a new 'work' for it, and don't see how I can add it to the Ernst Pauer 'as editor' page either.
rinaldomerlo

Post by rinaldomerlo »

Never mind, I just went ahead and added it to each individual sonata page, same as the the Alfredo Costello edition is. After it stopped asking me if I was a human, it was in the end quite quick to do. I am kinda hoping I can qualify for Contributor membership for all this.
rinaldomerlo

Post by rinaldomerlo »

Ok, looks like my user been blocked for my efforts, due to 'Putting collection on individual workpages, has to be reverted.'

I guess that would make sense if there were some obvious Collection page for Beethoven Sonatas that I could have added to. Also I see other collections on the individual works pages.
Last edited by rinaldomerlo on Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

The right page for your collection is https://imslp.org/wiki/Klaviersonaten_( ... udwig_van)
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

You can aslo split all sonatas from your collection and put them into the indivudual sonata pages.

But if your source edition has clever page turns find some way each selections has the same turns for users who print them double side. Put or don't put the cover into each sonata or insert a clever blank page after the cover.