Any posts related to the categorization and standardization of IMSLP

Moderators: vinteuil, Davydov

steltz
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

translator field

Post by steltz »

In tagging Maude White's Album of German Songs, I added the translators, but I don't think I've done it correctly, because none of the three of them are coming up on the translators list.

Can someone check this and see what I've done wrong? Thanks.
bsteltz
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Re: translator field

Post by pml »

Translators aren’t automatically linked (as far as I know) – you should use template-style markup such as:

{{LinkTr|Henry Wadsworth|Longfellow}}

I added Longfellow a few days ago, so the page automagically appears here now: http://imslp.org/wiki/Category:Longfell ... _Wadsworth

{{LinkTr specifies that its a translator link we want to make (as opposed to Arr, Ed, Lib for Arrangers, Editors, and Librettists), then you put first names and surnames on either side of a vertical bar.

I have no idea how to get any other data for ‘Captain H. Spalding’ as the third translator – very vague.

I think I’ve guessed most of the librettists correctly – Heine, Goethe, etc. Is #15 really Robbie Burns? And is there any more of a clue as to which Siebel is responsible for #9?

Cheers Philip
--
PML (talk)
steltz
active poster

Re: translator field

Post by steltz »

Thanks for fixing that for me. I haven't googled the English translation of the Burns poem, but supposely it is indeed Robert Burns. I'll try to get something on Spalding tomorrow.
bsteltz