Any posts related to the categorization and standardization of IMSLP

Moderators: vinteuil, Davydov

Davydov
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Collections

Post by Davydov »

Notenschreiber wrote:But why under the collection tab?
Because I forgot to remove the "Page Type=Collection" line. It's done now :oops:
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

OK, it is no longer listed as a collection. Thank makes much more sense to me, thanks.
bsteltz
Fynnjamin
regular poster

Post by Fynnjamin »

The irritating thing about the collections tab - and actually come to think of it, all the tabs (Editor; Arrangements; Books; Librettos etc) is that for a composer with over 200 work pages, once you click on 'Next 200', all the tabs disappear, and don't re-appear if you go to 'Previous 200'. Can this be fixed? Otherwise you have to find some other way of getting back to the first composer Category page (refreshing does not work). Quite annoying if you're looking for a particular work, and after looking unsuccessfully in the 'Next 200' you want to check if it's in been hidden away in Collections.

Which is another thing about Collections. I would rather see all the collections of the one composer in one list, rather than bunched together with a load of work pages that contain works by several composers (compilations). This is tiresome to look at. Surely "Collections with" should be 'Compilations (or Works) containing', as opposed to 'Collections of'.
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

I've noticed this too.