Any posts related to the categorization and standardization of IMSLP

Moderators: vinteuil, Davydov

steltz
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

LinkLib for Hartleben Otto

Post by steltz »

I was trying to create LinkLib pages for the librettists of Paul Graener, many of which are highlighted in red, i.e. the pages do not yet exist.

Otto Hartleben did translations as well as text. In fact, he translated Guiraud's Pierrot Lunaire in to German for Arnold Schoenberg. I can't work out how to get his people page to show both translations and texts.

Also, what does this line mean?:

Authorities - VIAF: 27855302, LCCN: n/79/117985, PND: 118749900, SELIBR: 198197, GND: 118614916

As far as I can see, I haven't added anything to the page that would put that there. Is it correct that it is there?
bsteltz
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Re: LinkLib for Hartleben Otto

Post by Davydov »

steltz wrote:I was trying to create LinkLib pages for the librettists of Paul Graener, many of which are highlighted in red, i.e. the pages do not yet exist.
The red links will show up in our list of "Wanted pages", and eventually lead to a category page being created.

steltz wrote:Otto Hartleben did translations as well as text. In fact, he translated Guiraud's Pierrot Lunaire in to German for Arnold Schoenberg. I can't work out how to get his people page to show both translations and texts.
The "LinkTr" template should put Hartleben in the "Translator" category, in the same way that "LinkLib" categorizes him as a librettist. Hartleben's category should then show tabs for both "As Librettist" and "As Translator".

steltz wrote:Also, what does this line mean?:

Authorities - VIAF: 27855302, LCCN: n/79/117985, PND: 118749900, SELIBR: 198197, GND: 118614916

As far as I can see, I haven't added anything to the page that would put that there. Is it correct that it is there?
We used to have links to pages in VIAF's name authority files (viaf.org), which were added manually to the person's category. References to this source now appear to be added automatically, together with other authority files. I've no idea how this magic works, but I bet Feldmahler does :wink:
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

Steltz used the fteperson template on the Hartleben, Otto Erich/Librettist category which is an automatically generated category with information transcluded from the Hartleben, Otto Erich category. Once I created the Hartleben, Otto Erich category I couldn't think of how to get the Hartleben, Otto Erich/Librettist category back to its original state so I simply redirected it to the Hartleben, Otto Erich category. Is there any way to get the Hartleben, Otto Erich/Librettist category back to its original state?

Thanks,
Cypressdome
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Davydov »

I was able to delete the unwanted category, so hopefully that's done the trick.