Moderators: vinteuil, Davydov

steltz
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Beethoven Overture "Namensfeier"

Post by steltz »

Grove lists this as "Overture ‘Namensfeier’, C"

Our title for it is just Overture in C. Should our page be changed?
bsteltz
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Beethoven Overture "Namensfeier"

Post by Davydov »

The Library of Congress authorities at http://lccn.loc.gov/nr93019025 just list this with the title "Overture in C major". My impression from the information given there is that "Namensfeier" is just one of several nicknames.
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

Then does it matter if a list of links have some {{LinkWork etc. types and one of a different type so as to give the visible link a different name? This page:

http://imslp.org/wiki/S%C3%A4mmtliche_O ... udwig_van)

includes the Overture in C under the name Namensfeier, but if I use {{LinkWork it will come up as Overture in C, which people might not recognize as the overture in the arrangements collection.

At the best of times, I'm not sure when to use plain [[ vs {{LinkWork vs {{Crossref

Is there a strict guideline or does it really matter?
bsteltz
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Davydov »

If the title given to the overture in this collection is different, then you can use "[[Overture in C major, Op.115 (Beethoven, Ludwig van)|Namensfeier Ouverture]]", for example. But the current listing looks OK to me.

"{{LinkWork}}" is fine if the title of the work is the same as the text you want to use for the link, while the "{{Crossref}}" template is intended to be used in the "Arrangements and Transcriptions" section to point to an arrangement on a different page; this will indent the text on a separate line starting with "See: ".