Any posts related to the categorization and standardization of IMSLP

Moderators: vinteuil, Davydov

rpatters1
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Marshall Fine Tango in Time of War

Post by rpatters1 »

I need some advice about how to post an alternate version of "Tango in Time of War, Op.100" by Marshall Fine. I have been rummaging through his manuscripts, and it is quite clear to me that a complete version for fl/cl/vln/vla/vlc/pf predates the version for orchestra by a couple of months. It is also quite clear to me (from emendations in the mss and notes in his list of works) that he considered the orchestra version to be the definitive version. (This was the version that was premiered.)

However, he lists the chamber version as an acceptable alternative version labeled "Op.100a" and I would like to post mss (if I can find the original sheets to scan) as well as a typeset I am preparing from photocopies that I did find. It doesn't seem correct to list this as an "arrangement". What's the best approach?
Carolus
Site Admin

Re: Marshall Fine Tango in Time of War

Post by Carolus »

I expect that given the unusual genesis it would be OK to have a separate page in this case. This would especially be true if there were changes over and above instrumentation from one to another.
rpatters1
regular poster

Re: Marshall Fine Tango in Time of War

Post by rpatters1 »

As I have discovered, there are significant note and rhythm differences (although identical number of measures), so I will create a separate page when the time comes.