Request: add a category "Work pages with an edited score"

Any posts related to the categorization and standardization of IMSLP

Moderators: vinteuil, Davydov

Elwro
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Request: add a category "Work pages with an edited score"

Post by Elwro »

(The idea emerged in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8206 , and this particular shape of it is by coulonnus.)

In short: it is hart to find out which manuscript scores of a particular composer have been already typeset. This is essential for anyone who wants to prepare a modern edition of, say, a Baroque cantata, or to organize a performance of one. Suppose you're interested in Zelenka. Users have created, by hand, the following page: http://imslp.org/wiki/Category_talk:Zelenka,_Jan_Dismas . A similar exists for Graupner. I started one for Stölzel: http://imslp.org/wiki/Category_talk:St% ... d_Heinrich But this is very inefficient. All such lists require manual maintenance... and creation in the first place.

It would be much better, I think, to have a category 'Work pages with an edited score' which one could simply use in Category walker to see which of, say, Benda's church cantatas have already been typeset. It'd be convenient if there was a recommendation for anyone uploading their own editions of old manuscripts to tag the given page with this category. And if such a category is created, I promise to go through all pages of composers I'm interested in and set the categories manually for already existing scores. :-)
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Request: add a category "Work pages with an edited score"

Post by Carolus »

... and I will re-post here what I said there.

There is no need to have people adding tags which aren't in the system. We already have a template - {{LinkEd|Firstname|Lastname}}. We could simply have it set up so that any page where this template was used would automatically be included in a category of 'Pages with edited scores". Of course that's going to include *all* edited scores, even the old ones.