Any posts related to the categorization and standardization of IMSLP

Moderators: vinteuil, Davydov

David Campbell
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Francesco Paolo Neglia

Post by David Campbell »

Is anyone here familiar with the cataloging conventions for Francesco Paolo Neglia's works? Specifically, I'd like to know the significance of the letter "P" that follows some opus numbers. I've seen his works with opus numbers listed three different ways: with an opus number; with an opus number followed by a "P"; with two different opus numbers, the second followed by a "P". Thanks.
Eric
active poster

Re: Francesco Paolo Neglia

Post by Eric »

I think so. See FrancescoPaoloNeglia.it maintained I believe by James Neglia and look at Catalogo...
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Oh ok, no, my mistake, the answer's not there, but I think it is here. I remember looking for it back when I was uploading arrangements by Renzo Bossi (a few years ago- reuploaded them recently because they're now PD-CA, but ...) of - well, see these 2 Neglia gavottes ...

Edit: no, not that either. ????

Sorry. I thought fairly sure that I'd worked out the problem, but not so much...
David Campbell
active poster

Post by David Campbell »

Thanks for your interest. I have a scan of his Nostalgia, Op.16 "P" as arranged for organ by C.A. Bossi that I'll be uploading. How best to list this?
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

That's probably C. Adolfo Bossi, 1876-1953. Not sure off the top of my kep what "C." stands for. Ah, according to Worldcat, it's Adolfo Constante Bossi. But I'd just create a workpage for Nostalgia, Romanza senza Parole for piano, composed in 1901,

see

http://www.francescopaoloneglia.it/inde ... Itemid=110

- published in 1946, arranged for organ by Adolfo Bossi, arrangement published in 1947. It's probably public domain in Canada only given that Neglia died after 1946 and that Nostalgia Op.16 was published in 1946 (and I assume as renewed) and likewise Op.16 - as arranged by Bossi - was published in 1947 - also probably renewed (one should probably check the Various Catalog of Copyright Entries for the USA from- what, 1946+25 years or so - to see if Neglia and Neglia/Bossi turn up... anyhow, yeah, if renewed, best to leave to the Canadians to upload and download for now... (if you are one, ignore that last bit please, and wishing I went up North more often, but that's irrelevant.)
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

"Costante Adolfo Bossi (1876 – 1953) was an Italian organist, composer and teacher. He was the brother of Marco Enrico Bossi and Pietro Bossi." (from Wikipedia. Which has Costante, btw, not Constante. Maybe I misread viaf.org :) ) IMSLP already has a category for him at Bossi, Costante Adolfo.