Any problems with the EU server?

Messages from and discussions about the IMSLP Regional Server in Europe

Moderators: PML-CA, imslp-eu, jdeperi

Notenschreiber
active poster

Any problems with the EU server?

Post by Notenschreiber »

The bassoon concertos, which has been uploaded three days ago, are still not available.
Choralia
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Any problems with the EU server?

Post by Choralia »

Do you mean basson concertos by Vivaldi? Which ones, specifically? The file transfer logs show that many works by Vivaldi were transfered to the EU server in the last few days, so the transfer process seems OK. Can you indicate which one(s) are still missing?

Max
Notenschreiber
active poster

Post by Notenschreiber »

All of them (Vivaldi) for the EU server. But there are other threads for this issue now, for example on Carolus discussion page.
Choralia
Site Admin

Post by Choralia »

The latest piece by Vivaldi that I found on the "New scores" list and that is supposed to be on the EU server is a "violin part paste-up" of the Violin Sonata in B minor, RV 36, uploaded on September 25. I also tried the Bassoon Concerto in F major, RV 487, uploaded on September 23. I downloaded the scores without any problems. Can you download them? Or can you indicate another page where the file downloading fails?

Max
Notenschreiber
active poster

Post by Notenschreiber »

The last uploaded concert (23.09.) is this one http://imslp.org/wiki/Bassoon_Concerto_ ... MSLP345333,
but this works now, i can download it, and i guess the others will work too. Thanks for your help, probably i (and others) has not been patiently enough.
One should take the hint "try in 1 day" not to literally.
Choralia
Site Admin

Post by Choralia »

Well, it suggests to try in 1 day, however it doesn't tell whether you will succeed or not... . :D

By the way, the EU server automatically checks every 24 hours the new files on it, and sends an email to me with the list. If the list were empty for multiple days I would infer that there might be a problem, and I would look into the matter.

Max
tim.willis1685
regular poster

Post by tim.willis1685 »

Hmm. I'll use this post to ask again; Are there problams with the server? I haven't been able to get any page to load today, even when I select specific work pages from my browsing history. After a while I get a notice saying that the site could be unavailable and to try again later. All other websites load at the normal speed. The IMSLP home page loaded once, but I wasn't able to go anywhere from that. Is anyone else experiencing the same?
Choralia
Site Admin

Post by Choralia »

No problems with the EU server at the moment. The main IMSLP server loads VERY slowly, though, especially for pages that are not cached.

Max
Sallen112
active poster

Post by Sallen112 »

HI Max

Can you see what is causing the main site to run so slow? Is it the cache (but yesterday the site ran totally fine)? Or is it a server issue?
Sallen112
active poster

Post by Sallen112 »

The site seems to be back to normal now!
Choralia
Site Admin

Post by Choralia »

Sallen112 wrote:Can you see what is causing the main site to run so slow? Is it the cache (but yesterday the site ran totally fine)? Or is it a server issue?
I only manage the regional servers, so I have no visibility on the operations of the main server. I guess it was a server issue, probably related to the php and/or database backend, while the reverse proxy frontend providing the cached pages appeared to be in a better shape. Anyway, operations seem also normal for me now.

Max
rinapaul

Post by rinapaul »

Unsure if this server is the problem, but I have spent many hours on a score. Whish fails to download.
I can copy the title page to my device. But the score itself still fails to download.

I have a VPN, but have de-activated this, and have ensured that IMLSP is not blocked.

Any solutions, anybody ??
Choralia
Site Admin

Post by Choralia »

Could you please specify which score fails to download?

Max
rinapaul

Post by rinapaul »

As requested, this is the Score that fails to download. There are versions of the score on other websites, and other works on IMSLP download OK, so I am surprised this one fails. Many thanks for any help.

Viola Sonata in E-flat major, Op.5 No.3 (Hummel, Johann Nepomuk)
Add File
Movements/Sections 3 movements
Composition Year 1798 ca.
Genre Categories Sonatas; For viola, piano; Scores featuring the viola; [2 more...]
Contents [hide]

1 Performances
1.1 Recordings
1.2 Synthesized/MIDI
2 Sheet Music
3 General Information

Performances

Recordings (0)
Synthesized/MIDI (3)

Recordings

No files submitted.
General Information
Work Title Viola Sonata in E-flat major
Alternative Title Sonata for Viola and piano
Composer Hummel, Johann Nepomuk
Opus/Catalogue Number Op.5 No.3
I-Catalogue Number IJH 155
Key E-flat major
Movements/Sections 3 movements
Year/Date of Composition 1798 ca.
Choralia
Site Admin

Post by Choralia »

There's no score on that page, there are only 3 recordings as mp3 files, created using a sound synthesizer. They open correctly for me. Are we on the same page?

Max