Ravel stuff off?

Messages from and discussions about the IMSLP Regional Server in Europe

Moderators: PML-CA, imslp-eu, jdeperi

MichelleZB
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Ravel stuff off?

Post by MichelleZB »

I've noticed that, recently, I have lost access to a bunch of Ravel stuff. I get this message when I try to access the score to his arrangement of Pictures at an Exhibition, for instance:

"This file has been queued for inclusion on the IMSLP-EU server, but unfortunately is not available yet. Please retry in 1 day."

Does this mean it's being transferred to a different server? What's the story there?
Choralia
Site Admin

Re: Ravel stuff off?

Post by Choralia »

The same problem was notified by other users for various works. It seems that the main IMSLP server does not correctly report some scores that are located on the EU server: they are considered as if they were not transfered to that server yet. This appears to be some sort of bug, to be fixed.

Workaround: get the files directly from the EU server. Please note the following procedure:

1) access the simple file search tool available on the EU server at http://www.imslp.eu/autoindex/ ;

2) identify on the main IMSLP website the IMSLP number of the desired score (for example, 104723 for the full score of Bolero);

3) enter it as a search key on the EU server's search tool. Click "search";

4) click on the file name(s) resulting from the search to open and download them.

That's it.

Max
MichelleZB

Post by MichelleZB »

Thank you SO much! I needed the score for a class, and you have helped me find it.
Backfire_22

Post by Backfire_22 »

Speaking of its use, does the fact that it's in the public domain allow one to use it in a commercial project (movie, game etc) or only in private media? What about public, non-commercial uses like an exposition at university?
Melodia
active poster

Post by Melodia »

Public domain means public domain. No one has any rights to it. Use it however you want.
Backfire_22

Post by Backfire_22 »

Okay, great! Because I've ran into music, images, 3d models etc online that were available for personal, but not for commercial use; I wanted to make sure before I do anything that could give me legal trouble.