Missing Roussel

Messages from and discussions about the IMSLP Regional Server in Europe

Moderators: PML-CA, imslp-eu, jdeperi

edcerv
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Missing Roussel

Post by edcerv »

The following works by Albert Roussel seem to be missing as they generate a 404 error when trying to download them:

Aeneas
Concertino
Fanfare pour un sacre païen (revised version)
Petite Suite
Rapsodie Flamande
Suite Op.33
Symphony No.3 (Full Score and parts)
Symphony No.4
Choralia
Site Admin

Re: Missing Roussel

Post by Choralia »

The problem is probably located on the main IMSLP server. Workaround: get the files directly from the EU server. Please note the following procedure:

1) access the simple file search tool available on the EU server at http://www.imslp.eu/autoindex/ ;

2) identify on the main IMSLP website the IMSLP number of the desired score (for example, 23073 for the full score of Aeneas);

3) enter it as a search key on the EU server's search tool. Click "search";

4) click on the file name(s) resulting from the search to open and download them.

That's it.

Max
edcerv

Post by edcerv »

Thanks Max. Is there a similar workaround for works on the non EU server? Getting some 404 errors for Busoni's Violin Concerto Timpani and Percussion parts.
Choralia
Site Admin

Post by Choralia »

Non-EU scores are fetched from different "satellite servers", such as petrucci.mus.auth.gr, imslp.nl, hz.imslp.info, ks.petruccimusiclibrary.org, so one may try to download the file repeatedly, and hope to be redirected to one of the satellite servers that works. One may also manually edit the URL to point alternative servers. However, the current problem seems rather distributed throughout the system, so I'm not sure this trick will actually help.

Max
are

Post by are »

I posted about a similar problem on the CA server, but never got a reply. I am now having the same problems with other files on the EU server. The above 'workaround' does not work, and should not be necessary anyway. Is it a block as part of the paywall?
Choralia
Site Admin

Post by Choralia »

are wrote:The above 'workaround' does not work
Could you please provide the IMSLP number that cannot be accessed?
are wrote:Is it a block as part of the paywall?
No, access to regional servers in Europe and Canada is not affected by the IMSLP membership status.

Please also note this post.

Max
are

Post by are »

The IMSLP numbers are 474960 and 475248, and the error message was there from when they were uploaded a week ago until last night. They are now working in the normal way, thankfully.

Similarly, with my last post here (about 461301, on the CA server), I received no reply, but the file was available within twenty-four hours of my post, despite being unavailable for the previous two weeks. Perhaps it was fixed by someone who reads this forum.