How do I find the advanced search feature

Messages from and discussions about the IMSLP Regional Server in U.S.A.

Moderators: PML-CA, imslp-eu, jdeperi

Tpgettys
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

How do I find the advanced search feature

Post by Tpgettys »

I saw in a FAQ that there is an advanced search function available on every page, but I can't find it.

I am sure a single example will reveal, so I am hoping someone will tell me how to find all works by William Byrd that is for 4 instruments/voices.
Eric
active poster

Re: How do I find the advanced search feature

Post by Eric »

Go to the category page for William Byrd (Category.

What you're looking for in this case is the Category Walker:

Show works by type/instrument.

You'll probably have to separate out into two categories, I think: the chamber works for 4 voices and the vocal works for 4 voices. (The works for voices and instruments for 4 combined voices are yet another option; look over the resulting page. But taken all together you get

The vocal works for 4 voices show up lower down in the resulting page... (29 works for 4 voices, 1 work for 4 (non-vocal) players that's not an arrangement (http://imslp.org/index.php?title=Catego ... e:Catintro - shows up on page _2_ of the category list, you have to click "next" at the bottom of the page...), several works for chorus that may be for 4-part chorus and need to be checked out separately if as I assume you're counting them. (Still work, but less work than going over the whole bldy category. Sorry!)
Tpgettys

Re: How do I find the advanced search feature

Post by Tpgettys »

Ah yes, in the toolbox; I found it! Thanks very much Eric.