The server is broken

Messages from and discussions about the IMSLP Regional Server in U.S.A.

Moderators: PML-CA, imslp-eu, jdeperi

Zeyar Shwe
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

The server is broken

Post by Zeyar Shwe »

Since 2 days ago I have been trying to upload Sebastiani's Studio d'orchestra per arpa which is PD in US only. This is the message I got.

' Forbidden .You don't have permission to access /uploadprocessor.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.'

This is not the first time it happened. It happened a month or so ago as well. Will it be sorted out soon?
Choralia
Site Admin

Re: The server is broken

Post by Choralia »

It may be the same problem reported here, but related to the presence of an apostrophe in the work title rather than in the composer name. Did you try using the classic skin?

If there is also an apostrophe in the filename you're trying to submit, that could be another source of problems. Please try to remove it, or replace it using a web-safe sequence (an apostrophe should be normally encoded on the web as a %27 sequence, however something strange may happen sometimes with the encoding process).

Max
Zeyar Shwe
active poster

Re: The server is broken

Post by Zeyar Shwe »

Hi Max,

Thank you very much . I removed the apostrophe in the title by changing it from '-Studio d'orchestra per arpa' to ' orchestral studies for harp', but still could not a upload the file on the US Server. The same 'Forbidden' message as before. I think that you told me before when I reported it a couple of months on work page issue forum, that it sounds like a virus.

I do not know what classic skin is.

PS.- Hi Max, I realised that I need to remove the apostrophe from the file name on my computer as well, I did and I was able to upload the file. Thank you so much.