Rename/move - multiple authors

Moderator: kcleung

monosandal
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Rename/move - multiple authors

Post by monosandal »

Hello there!

I'm new here, a long-time user and subscriber but newly attempting to navigate the contribution process.

The collection I want to add a score of is listed falsely:
https://imslp.org/wiki/Intonazione_d%27 ... _Giovanni)

Firstly, the Title of the page contains by error of transcription a grammatical mistake in Italian: it should read either "Intonationi", in the spelling of original title with "t", or "Intonazioni", in the modernized Italian spelling, with "z"; but in either case ending with the correct plural "i": "Intonazione" should be used to refer to individual pieces, not all to the pieces collectively.

Secondly, the collection lists its composer as Giovanni Gabrieli, where it was actually originally printed jointly with his uncle, Andrea Gabrieli, the full title being "Intonationi d'Organo di Andrea Gabrieli, et di Gio[vanni] il suo Nepote" (Organ Intonations of A. Gabrieli and of G. his nephew).

The modern scores presented in the abovementioned page are just a few pages extracted from the 3rd volume of of an anthology of Italian music:
https://imslp.org/wiki/L%27Arte_Musicale_in_Italia
so I suppose these modern scores should ideally either appear in a page dedicated to that volume, or in a page dedicated to the original 16th-century print (or both).

I would like to upload a complete scan of this 16th century printed edition, and eventually also a new typeset of my own, but do not know how to proceed:

First, should the "Composer" field contain the name of the editor?
That seems to be the way in several pages, but seems also wrong. I remember seeing the word "Various" with some collections, but I haven't managed to get there while adding a new score.

Second, should I
(a) "move" this page and then, if possible, change its Composer?
I have read about this legendary "move" tab, but cannot find it in my browser.
or
(b) make a new page for the collection with the appropriate Composer, then redirect the old page to the new?
or
(c) just make a new page for the 16th-century collection and ignore the old one devoted only to the Giovanny part?
The old page would still need to be renamed to correct the grammar...

I believe that, ideally, the edition in the abovementioned page and the scan I aim to upload should be accessible from the same page, devoted to the collection with music from both authors as originally printed.

Oof!

Thanks in advance for any help,
m.
Sallen112
active poster

Re: Rename/move - multiple authors

Post by Sallen112 »

I would suggest you start reading over here before proceeding.
monosandal

Re: Rename/move - multiple authors

Post by monosandal »

Sallen112 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:30 pm I would suggest you start reading over here before proceeding.
Thanks for the reply, Sallen112, but I did read both the Quick Guide to Score Submission and the longer Score submission guide, but to no avail: there is nothing mentioned about collections: the first step is "find the composer page" and my problem is more complicated than that since there is not one but two composers.

Was that not clear in my first post?

In fact, in re-reading the more extensive Score submission guide I have discovered the page I was looking for:
https://imslp.org/wiki/IMSLP:Score_subm ... cial_cases

This might help, but the question of what to do with the original page, which
(a) has a typo in the title and
(b) should probably be merged with the new page where the complete scan of the first edition of the pieces will be housed
still remains.

Any insight would be welcome!