login and this new forum system

Moderator: kcleung

steltz
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

login and this new forum system

Post by steltz »

I don't know if I'm missing something, but the new forum system wouldn't take my old password. It issued me with a new and emailed it to me. I have it now, but I can't find the 'profile' page it says I must go to to change it (it is not a very "remember-able" password). Also, within a couple of seconds of logging in, it takes me back to the index page, and I find I am logged out again. The email said if there were any problems, to contact a Board administrator, but I can't find an email address for this on the new system either.

Then I logged in again, but when I tried to post this topic, I had to log in again, so I must have gotten "unlogged" somewhere along the line.

Help??
bsteltz
imslp
Site Admin

Re: login and this new forum system

Post by imslp »

Did you check the "Keep me logged in" box on the login form?
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

I only see 2 boxes for ticking -- one is for logging on automatically on each visit, and the other is for hiding the "logged in" status for this session. I don't see one for "Keep me logged in". Where is that one?

Thanks,
bsteltz
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Yagan Kiely »

logging on automatically on each visit,
That is the equivalent of the one Feldmahler mentioned. I also have had some trouble with this sort of thing, but I also had some of it with the old system...
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

Thanks for the advice, it seems to have worked -- I haven't been kicked out at all recently!!!
bsteltz