Ralph Vaughan Williams: Five Mystical Songs

Moderator: kcleung

gacl
regular poster

Ralph Vaughan Williams: Five Mystical Songs

Post by gacl »

Here's Five Mystical Songs by Ralph Vaughan Williams for voice and piano: http://www.archive.org/details/fivemysticalsong00vaug

I tried to clean it up for IMSLP with GIMP and Inkscape but my computer doesn't have enogh memory and the programs crash.

Gus
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Ralph Vaughan Williams: Five Mystical Songs

Post by Carolus »

I hope you are able to obtain more memory in the future. At any rate, I downloaded it and cleaned it up in Photoshop since it's certainly a nice addition to the collection. It took me about 40 minutes doing it manually like this. I replaced your logo-infested files with the cleaned version, which is now available.
gacl
regular poster

Post by gacl »

Thanks. I want to buy the memory but my finances are not good. I also thought it's a very nice score and decided to post it unedited for that reason. Note, however, that i do clean up and post those PDFs that do not crash my system.

Gus
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

Hope your financial situation improves soon. The other scores you've posted have been fine - many thanks for contributing them. It's unfortunate that New York Public Library allowed Microsoft to paste their logo on every singe page of the items they scanned.
gacl
regular poster

Post by gacl »

Yes. . . and Google Books. . . There's a wealth of material there, but, sadly, it's the same situation.

Gus
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

With the right software, Google Books are considerably easier to deal with. We already have a fairly good collection of those, with more being added all the time.
gacl
regular poster

Post by gacl »

I suppose it's software that automates the editing? I wonder what software is this. Photoshop?

Gus
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

It's a Acrobat Pro Plug-in/Extension called PitStop. It's very expensive, but is very good at dealing with the Google items.