Adding Links to Wikipedia

Moderator: kcleung

allegroamabile
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Adding Links to Wikipedia

Post by allegroamabile »

Since Wikipedia contains numerous articles on many classical pieces, I thought it would be beneficial to add links from the IMSLP pages that have sheet music for a certain piece to the Wikipedia pages that have information on that according work. What do you think?
Last edited by allegroamabile on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
allegroamabile
active poster

Re: Adding Links to Wikipedia

Post by allegroamabile »

Yes I know, this should have been written on the Feature Request Thread, just realized that. Does anybody know how to move it there?

thanks
horndude77
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by horndude77 »

I was thinking about this the other day also. I think it would be quite useful. There are some articles which already do this: http://imslp.org/wiki/Pini_di_Roma_(Res ... _Ottorino). Though it would be nice if somehow it were more prominently displayed instead of hidden at the bottom of the page.
Lyle Neff
active poster

Post by Lyle Neff »

horndude77 wrote:I was thinking about this the other day also. I think it would be quite useful. There are some articles which already do this: http://imslp.org/wiki/Pini_di_Roma_(Res ... _Ottorino). Though it would be nice if somehow it were more prominently displayed instead of hidden at the bottom of the page.
The original question was asking about making links on Wikipedia articles to ISMLP work pages, not the other way around.

There are already many such links on Wikipedia articles, but there definitely could be more.

I'm not sure that linking IMSLP work pages to Wikipedia articles is necessary. We have enough to do to keep the work pages in order. 8)
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)
horndude77
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by horndude77 »

Lyle Neff wrote:The original question was asking about making links on Wikipedia articles to ISMLP work pages, not the other way around.
Perhaps I'm parsing the original question backwards, but I believe it was talking about making links IMSLP->Wikipedia.
Lyle Neff wrote:I'm not sure that linking IMSLP work pages to Wikipedia articles is necessary. We have enough to do to keep the work pages in order. 8)
I'm not sure we need a concerted effort to add them, but if someone wants to add a link either IMSLP->Wikipedia or Wikipedia->IMSLP I think it's valuable.
allegroamabile
active poster

Post by allegroamabile »

I'm sure horndude's original perception is correct because I composed the question myself.

sorry for the confusion