Spanish Forum

Moderator: kcleung

allegroamabile
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Spanish Forum

Post by allegroamabile »

I think it is necessary to translate "For those whose first language is Spanish. Ask questions about IMSLP or discuss music here." The translation would be "Para aquellos cuya lenguaje materna es espanol. Hacer las cuestiones de IMSLP y hablar de musica aqui."
Leonard Vertighel
Groundskeeper

Re: Spanish Forum

Post by Leonard Vertighel »

Actually I'd prefer to omit the reference to "first language", since really everyone who speaks Spanish at any level is welcome to participate. Can I ask you to translate something like "To discuss in Spanish about IMSLP and about music in general"?

While we're at it, the Spanish forum also needs some Spanish speaking moderators (I understand Spanish reasonably well, but don't speak it). Any volunteers?
allegroamabile
active poster

Post by allegroamabile »

I speak Spanish (not totally fluent yet) and I am profficient at Google Translate. I guess I could volunteer but somebody needs to explain to me what a moderator does.

"Hablar de IMSLP y musica en general en espanol" is how I would translate that.
Leonard Vertighel
Groundskeeper

Well, moderators delete spam, delete spam, and delete spam... and besides, they also remove file sharing requests (i.e. no private file sharing via email etc. due to copyright concerns - all files should be uploaded to IMSLP to undergo copyright review), answer questions about IMSLP, and generally keep the forums tidy and civil.... Not a lot of work, as we currently get only very few posts. If you think you can handle that in Spanish, you can have the job (you can resign whenever you want).
allegroamabile
active poster

Post by allegroamabile »

ok, where do I start?
Leonard Vertighel
Groundskeeper

You are now a moderator of the Spanish forum. If you are unsure about anything, just ask. It would be good if you could check the forum at least about once a day (maybe notify me and/or Yagan if you stay away for a long period of time).
allegroamabile
active poster

Post by allegroamabile »

Ok, I checked it, nothing unusual came up. How often does spam come?
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Yagan Kiely »

Usually there is spam somewhere in the forum everyday.
holaatodos

Post by holaatodos »

I've just seen this post. As I said in other post, I'm for Spain and I can translate from or to Spanish, (I also speak a bit of French). I also said that my English isn't perfect but if you want to ask me something or tell me anything send me a message.

And sorry for answer so late.