La grand-Duchesse (Offenbach)

Moderator: kcleung

jfartaria
regular poster
notabot: 66
notabot2: Human

La grand-Duchesse (Offenbach)

Post by jfartaria »

Hello. The Score of La grand-Duchesse (by Offenbach) that you have on your site, is not complete!! At least the song "Le carrillon de ma grand-mere" is missing (probably along with the rest of that specific act).

I'll post this too on the "Score Request" link, so that if someone has the complete version, he/she can upload it.
SeanMartin
forum adept
notabot: 42

Re: La grand-Duchesse (Offenbach)

Post by SeanMartin »

Well, to be fair, it's not like someone didnt scan the pages. It appears this particular edition doesnt have the music you mention.
jfartaria
regular poster

Post by jfartaria »

I've checked. It's not just one song that is missing. And In the front page it's written: " Opera bouffe en trois actes et quatre tableux". There's a "tableux" (I don0t know the word in english!:) ) missing!
Lyle Neff
active poster

Post by Lyle Neff »

For jfartaria: please don't post the same request in more than one forum unless it is truly designed for more than one (highly unlikely). This request was posted also in "Score requests."
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)
jfartaria
regular poster

Post by jfartaria »

If you had read what it was witten, you would understand why I've made the two posts. The first was to inform everyone and specially the people responsible for this site/forum (posted on the "Other"). The second was the request (posted on the "score request").
SeanMartin
forum adept

Post by SeanMartin »

There's a "tableux" (I don0t know the word in english!:) ) missing!
Uhm... no, actually. A "tablueau" is a scene, a change in scenery within an act. In this edition, Act Three is divided into two scenes. The second starts on page 268 of the pdf, 265 of the score.
Lyle Neff
active poster

Post by Lyle Neff »

jfartaria wrote:If you had read what it was witten, you would understand why I've made the two posts. The first was to inform everyone and specially the people responsible for this site/forum (posted on the "Other"). The second was the request (posted on the "score request").
Only one posting was necessary. There are enough administrators and readers of this site who can catch this kind of thing.
"tableux" / "tablueau"
Fr.: Tableau (singular); tableaux (plural)

The parallel word in German is "Bild"; Russian is "???????." "Scene" would be an ambiguous translation in English, because that word can refer to a change of stage decor or a smaller segment within a tableau (e.g., when new characters enter or exit), so it's probably best to use the French term in an English-speaking context.
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)
jfartaria
regular poster

Post by jfartaria »

Thank you. I didn't know the word. Well,there is more than one song missing. If there someone has "le carrillon de ma grand-mere", I would like to have it. Thank you