need help

Moderator: kcleung

need help

Post by Guest »

when I download the pdf files, after about 260kb or so, the download ends and it says 260kb or whatever downloaded in 1min... so it is not downloading the entire file. Then when I go to open the file an error comes up: "file is damaged and cannot be repaired" and nothing appears. I was wondering if anyone could help solve this problem. This is my first time using imslp. thank you.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

This is probably due to your browser timing out. Which browser are you using?

Post by Guest »

I am using internet explorer, but I have gone to other sites and downloaded other pdf files and it works fine. I downloaded an Erik Satie piece on here that was about 130kb, and this worked fine. Over 260or so kb on this site, it just doesn't seem to work. I have easily downloaded 3 or 4 mb pdf files elsewhere. I am using a 56k modem. Any other suggestions? thank you.

Post by Guest »

Hmm... have you tried a download manager like TrueDownloader (open source Getright clone)? When you have a dial-up connection it is almost inevitable that you will need a download manager somewhere along the way; they can help you resume broken downloads, and do a whole bunch of other cool stuff like parallel downloading (multi-connection).