email confirmation

Moderator: kcleung

afolop
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

email confirmation

Post by afolop »

Over the past month I have tried to confirm my email address on my preferences page. It always says the email confirmation message has been sent, but none ever arrives in my email inbox. There may be some confusion with my address: my preferred address is afolop@erols.com . However, erols was bought by Starpower, so for any message I send, the sender is listed as afolop@starpower.net . I receive messages from elsewhere for either of these addresses. I have tried both with IMSLP and neither seems to work. :shock: Is this the right place to place this inquiry?
Al Folop
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Re: email confirmation

Post by daphnis »

It sounds like your email service provider has a spam filter that is blocking this confirmation message. First thing I would do is contact them to see if they can help. Another alternative would be to register for a free email service (Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) for purposes of use with your IMSLP account. Once the confirmation is received, you can have that account forward all your messages to your primary account. Or, as you might figure out later, the free account is actually better than your existing one, in which case you could forward all your email to that address.
afolop
regular poster

Post by afolop »

I used my gmail account and the confirmation message came right through. Now that I have been confirmed,is there any possibility I could now change my email address back to the one I want without going through the confirmation process again?
Al Folop
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

Could it possibly have ended up in a junk folder? Most of what gets sent to my junk folder is actually spam and advertisements, but every once in a while, the email package puts stuff in there that should have come through to the main folder.
bsteltz
afolop
regular poster

Post by afolop »

There is nothing in my junk mail folder, so that's not it. The reply (to my normal email address) just never appeared. But thanks for the tip.
Al Folop
lacriman

Post by lacriman »

Hello

I have also the same problem like this. I think I will be searching this forums for answers because I'm a newbie here.
Last edited by Choralia on Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link to non-pertinent website
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

Does your email provider provides a webmail, i.e. a web site which provides the functions of a mail client? "sometimes" providers provide spam-filtering-rules and a junk-folder that are accessible with this webmail only. Providers "believe" you like their default filtering rules :-)