Liszt Valse-Caprices

Moderator: kcleung

Chopinman

Liszt Valse-Caprices

Post by Chopinman »

I know that they (^^) aren't very popular, but does anyone know what edition would be the best to get of them? Is there a Liszt: Waltzes music book? The specific names of them are: #1 - Valse de bravoure (I think), and #2 - Valse Melancolique. They're very beautiful pieces.

It would make me so happy if someone had the music to these and submitted them to the site!
Peter
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Peter »

I have the complete Liszt music on cd, I will have a look next week. I will have to remove the pdf encryption first...
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Well, as long as you are able to view the file, the encryption should be removable. You can, for example, create another PDF file with the same contents in it... though I admit I don't know how to do that in Windows; in Linux it is much easier (pdfimages to extract images, convert to convert them to PDF, and pdftk to make the PDF files into one PDF).
Peter
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Peter »

that is not entirely correct. adobe pdf can encrypt the file with customisable restrictions - the viewing, printing, editing, copying, extracting, etc can all be encrypted. even screen shots can be secured. (these restrictions can be viewed in adobe reader). in most files, only viewing is allowed...
there are two types of encryption in pdf - the older rc4 is cracked and can be removed instantly, for the newer type you need a brute force attack which can take days to weeks or longer depending on the quality of the key.
my file needs to be decrypted to remove copyright warnings that are not legal because the original is in public domain... I hope you know what i'm speaking of ... :wink:
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Ah ha! I think I know what you mean... someone else has e-mailed me about similar matters I believe :) If you want you can e-mail me the file and I can play around with it (imslp@imslp.org). The original idea (and also my reply to the other guy who e-mailed me) is that I'll write a program to do that at Christmas... but I happen to have a little time over the thanksgiving long weekend (well... VERY long weekend to be precise), so I might start doing that anyway.

I guess I just wanted to make sure that the files you have are what I think you have :)
chopinman

Post by chopinman »

Thank you so much! I love the piece. You're so lucky that you have the CD of all of Liszt's works! :P