Rachmaninoff TB files, Australia

Moderator: kcleung

zachtay
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Rachmaninoff TB files, Australia

Post by zachtay »

Hi there, I'm looking to perform Rachmaninoff's Rhapsody on a Theme by Paganini here in Melbourne, Australia in 2 weeks. I understand that the files are blocked and marked TB and I know that the copyright issue for Rachmaninoff is quite unique. I've checked with Hal Leonard and they have confirmed with me that Rachmaninoff's music is in Public Domain here in Australia, is it possible for me to have access to these files in your Canadian servers for our use?

Please help, thanks!
steltz
active poster

Re: Rachmaninoff TB files, Australia

Post by steltz »

I'm sorry, but we don't unblock for some countries only. This is because it is too easy to spoof the address you are downloading from, and obtain things illegally.

I'm afraid you will have to source the sheet music from elsewhere.
bsteltz
zachtay

Post by zachtay »

Hi steltz, thanks for writing back! I understand that copyright needs to be observed, and that it is easy to falsify IP addresses.

I conduct a little orchestra here in Melbourne, Australia. A reason why we could keep doing what we do is because of access of public domain parts through IMSLP's help. We would prefer not to have to hire parts that are already in public domain here, we are such a small orchestra that we need all the help we can get! We have always been appreciative of the IMSLP community and have been performing this long because of your support. The orchestra's called Orchestre Nouveau, my name's Zach Tay and I could send you some physical correspondence from Melbourne if that will help you verify our location.

How do you feel about helping us? Please contact me via DM if you're happy to speak with me about helping us with this technicality. I am assured that performing this here in Melbourne is legal because it is out of copyright, and I have verified this with Hal Leonard. if it were still in copyright we will be exposing ourselves to liabilities that we cannot afford.

Please help us, thanks!
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

I cannot download the files myself, even though I am also in a life+50 country, so the short answer is that no one here can help you with a download. I'm very sorry - and if it makes you feel any better, there are pianists here who would kill for the 4th piano concerto, but we simply can't get (even for purchase) the edition they all want. Personally, I would love to have the Symphonic Dances, but same story . . . .
bsteltz
zachtay

Post by zachtay »

Ah okay I understand. Thanks for writing back mate, appreciate your input.