Vandalism in star ratings

Moderator: kcleung

mdb2303
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Vandalism in star ratings

Post by mdb2303 »

I have noticed that someone is going around giving one star to brand new editions typeset by the uploader which according to the guidelines should definitely be 5 stars. The latest one I noticed was Syrinx by Debussy. My suspicion is that this is someone set up by a commercial organisation. Has anyone else noticed this?
noqu
forum adept

Re: Vandalism in star ratings

Post by noqu »

Hmm, could be: My typeset of transposed Bb clarinet parts for Beethoven's 7th (http://imslp.org/wiki/Symphony_No.7,_Op ... wig_van%29) seems to have got a 1-star rating (not sure when that got there, though). I do not believe the typeset merits such a low ranking - it is performance-tested and I do not know of any typos in it.

But then, who knows, maybe somebody was just unhappy about it for whatever reason ... I don't really want to see dark conspiracies here.

noqu
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

There does appear to be an issue that recently cropped up with the rating system as shown in these two topics: Rating system issue? and [FEAT]Scan quality of excellent scores is only 1. I've informed the principle admin on the wiki of the issue.

Cypressdome
mdb2303

Post by mdb2303 »

noqu - your typeset version of the clarinet part is an example of what I'm talking about. The star rating is supposed to be about the typesetting, not the editing, so it should be 5 stars as it is clean - no missing pages or blotches, no out-of-focus notes, and prints out correctly.