Name change

Moderator: kcleung

Joel
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Name change

Post by Joel »

Is there a way to change my account name? I want to remove the 'W' from my name.

Thanks
Choralia
Site Admin

Re: Name change

Post by Choralia »

Done.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Thank you, Choralina. My forum name says Joel but my actual IMSLP account seems to have not changed. Sorry if I should have specified. Is it possible to change that name too?
Choralia
Site Admin

Post by Choralia »

Joel wrote:Is it possible to change that name too?
Changing username on the wiki may not be that easy (a specific MediaWiki extension may be required, unless the change is performed directly in the database, and this could be only done by Feldmahler).

However, a "Joel" user exists already on the wiki, so you should anyway select an alternative username.

Max
shoogle

Post by shoogle »

If an admin has a minute to spare I'd like to change my username on the Wiki from "Shoogle" to "shoogle" as I entered it wrong in the form. Thanks! - http://imslp.org/wiki/User:Shoogle
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

This cannot be done. Usernames are always capitalized. They also cannot be changed. Moreover, setting up multiple usernames is grounds for banning as it's a common tactic of spammers. For those with subscriptions, having more than one username is a near-guarantee of login problems.