Moderator: kcleung

Lyle Neff
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Can't upload PDF

Post by Lyle Neff »

Hello,

I've been away from IMSLP communication or contribution for a long time, so I assume that protocols have changed.

I'm trying to upload a CC PDF of my "Psalm 151," but can only get so far as setting up the IMSLP page for the work. However, there seems to be no way to upload the PDF.

Here is the work-page: http://imslp.org/wiki/Psalm_151_(Neff,_Lyle_K.)

Thanks in advance for any help.
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)
coulonnus
active poster

Re: Can't upload PDF

Post by coulonnus »

When you click on (+) Add File, top right you see the frame Add sheet music. If you leave "add to tab" blank there is a problem. Select Scores.
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

Part of the new upload process for CC licensed scores requires users with category pages to "associate" themselves with that category. This would normally be done by going to your category page and mousing-over the gear symbol to the right of "add work" in the upper right hand corner. There you would click on "your are this person (associate)." I went ahead and associated you with your category so try to add the score now.
Lyle Neff
active poster

Post by Lyle Neff »

Thanks for the answers.

The system tells me that the file is uploaded, but it won't post it, because it won't accept any of the "file/image types" that I tried. This is a manuscript of a copyrighted work, and the CC type is non-commercial, no derivatives. Why won't this upload work? I choose "manuscript scan" and get this message:
Scans must be public domain. If you composed the music yourself, or have permission from the composer, select 'New Compositions' instead. Please visit this page for more information.
Where is the choice for "New Compositions"??? (The "this page" link doesn't help.)
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)
Lyle Neff
active poster

Post by Lyle Neff »

Okay, I re-added from the "+ add file" link on the top right of the work-page as "add your own composition" -- which is not the same phrase as "new composition," by the way... :wink:

If that means that there are two uploads of the PDF to the system, could someone please delete the first (earlier), because it's not attached to the work-page.

Thanks.