Is there a RISM template?

Moderator: kcleung

kosboot
forum adept
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Is there a RISM template?

Post by kosboot »

RISM previously had only pre-1800 manuscripts listed in their online catalog at http://opac.rism.info

They have now completed the online version of their B/1 series (individual composers' works) and some of their A series (multiple composers in a single publication). Is there is a template to link a work in IMSLP to a specific RISM entry?

Conversely, has anyone asked RISM to link to IMSLP? Has anyone made overtures to them? (I'd be willing to.)
Eric
active poster

Re: Is there a RISM template?

Post by Eric »

Quoting kosboot:

"RISM previously had only pre-1800 manuscripts listed in their online catalog at http://opac.rism.info"

Really?!!!!!!???? If you did a search for "Diener" -- just for example -- you could find 20-odd of Olga Diener's late-20th-century string quartets. For example. Their search feature is - erm - borked (at least on some browsers?) but it's there.

Yes. There's are RISM (I think? might be RISMs. Use preview and check... :) ) and RISMc (for example) templates @ IMSLP; enter the number at the bottom right of the specific RISM page; if using RISMc, enter a certain kind of information (summarizing the library and the manuscript) in the "third panel") (RISMc|number|US-LoC ms I3k - or something... - with curly brackets... - info at the bottom leftish of the RISM page. "c" stands for "citation".)
Carolus
Site Admin

Re: Is there a RISM template?

Post by Carolus »

There are actually 3 templates we use to link to RISM. The one called RISMs is normally used for files where we actually have a copy of what is listed in RISM. The RISMc is used for linking to files we don't have, often in conjunction with the added field in the "General Information" section called |Manuscript Sources=

The plain RISM template is also used, but mainly confined to composer category pages, etc.