Moderator: kcleung

azumbrunn
forum adept
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

File extension for compressed XML files

Post by azumbrunn »

This is actually two questions: :?: :?:

1. I tried to upload a typeset score along with its source file in compressed XML format. The Pdf was accepted, the source file was not. I suppose it was because of the extension that my score writer gave it (mxl). So what is the accepted extension, please?

2. Now I have an uploaded Pdf, accepted according to the software's response, but invisible on the work page. I tried to add the source file by choosing "already accepted file" and got a form whose "file" entries do not allow me to browse for the files, not the accepted one and not the additional one. What is that form for and how is it used? Or should I just upload the files as if nothing had been accepted before?

Thanks for any help on this!

Albrecht
cypressdome
active poster

Re: File extension for compressed XML files

Post by cypressdome »

1. In order to upload engraving files you need to add them to a zip archive and upload the archive file.
2. You state that you uploaded a pdf to the work page but it isn't displaying. It appears that the file you uploaded (Hiller Quartet 2 score.pdf) is an orphan--it isn't associated with any page. I've deleted it. You should try to upload it again.
azumbrunn
forum adept

Post by azumbrunn »

I am sorry I have to ask for details that everybody probably knows: What is the extension of a zip archive that IMSLP will accept? And what is the difference between a compressed file--which my screenwriter produces directly--and a zip archive?
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

The accepted file format/extension is zip. The engraving files (of whatever format) would be added to the zip archive which can be uploaded to the wiki. More information on the acceptable file formats used on the wiki can be found here. As to why certain formats are allowed and other are not I can't answer that as those decisions were reached long before I joined IMSLP.